It's all about status
Understanding the various visibility states a page can be in.
The changes in your draft replace the live/published page.
Set embargo time
The changes in your draft replace the live/published page at a future date and time.
Revert to published version
Discard your changes and revert to the previous live/published version of the page.
Preview current version
See your draft changes as they will appear when live/published.
Draft pages and published pages explained
- A visible page has a published version - this is the version seen on the live site.
- A published page will not be seen in the live site unless it is also visible.
- If the live page is edited a draft version is created that is only visible to CMS editors.
- This version of the page remains as a draft until it is published at which time it replaces the live page.
- Changes to a draft page can be set to publish at a future date and time rather than be published immediately.
- The live version of the page remains until the draft is published at the set date and time.